COPYRIGHT © GLOBAL FEDERATION
All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided on this web site may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval system, except as provided for in the Terms and Conditions of Use of Global Federation Web Sites, without permission in writing from the publisher.
News-related material can be used as long as the appropriate credit is given and the Global Federation is advised.
To request such permission or for further enquiries, please visit: Global Federation Publications: Rights and Permissions.
BEWARE OF SCAMS IMPLYING ASSOCIATION WITH THE GLOBAL FEDERATION for sustainble development
The Global Federation has been made aware of various correspondences, being circulated via e-mail, from Internet web sites, text messages and via regular mail or facsimile, falsely stating that they are issued by, or in association with the Global Federation and/or its officials. These scams, which may seek to obtain money and/or in many cases personal details from the recipients of such correspondence, are fraudulent.
The Global Federation wishes to warn the public at large about these fraudulent activities being perpetrated purportedly in the name of the Organization, and/or its officials, through different fraud schemes.
- The Global Federation does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process(application, interview, processing, training) or other fee, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. To apply for a job go to un.org and click on Vacancies. See more on employment-related fraud.
- The Global Federation does not charge a fee at any stage of its procurement process(supplier registration, bids submission) or other fee. Visit the Procurement Division to see the latest business opportunities with the Global Federation.
- The Global Federation does not request any information related to bank accounts or other private information.
- The Global Federation does not offer prizes, awards, funds, certificates, automated teller machine (ATM) cards, compensation for Internet fraud, or scholarships, or conduct lotteries.
- The Global Federationdoes not approve military vacations or pensions, or release packages in exchange for a fee.
The Global Federation strongly recommends that the recipients of solicitations, such as those described above exercise extreme caution in respect of such solicitations. Financial loss and identity theft could result from the transfer of money or personal information to those issuing such fraudulent correspondence.
Not an official document. For information only.